September 20, 2010

Portobello Market, London



          Portobello Market in West London is one of the most famous street markets in the world. It is a populart destination for Londoners and tourists alike.
          Portobello Road goes straight through the heart of Notting Hill, the trendy area of London made famous by the film. Indeed, so famous is the film Notting Hill that I find scarcely a week goes by without someone or other asking me about the various set locations: the blue door, the travel bookshop, the garden fence and so on.
          So why do they ask me? Well, because I work on the market - so now you know that the information here is straight from the 'orses mouf, as the cockneys say - actually I'm really quite posh, but I didn't want to dispell your image of what a market trader is like!


          Portobello Market takes up most of what is actually more properly called Portobello Road, it stretches for around two miles, although on a crowded saturday afternoon it takes quite a while to walk from end to end.


:))

No comments:

Post a Comment